"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Friday, September 17, 2010

Keeping the Home Results: Living Room


As I posted about, I was convicted about being content with what I already have and learning to be a better steward with it. This week, it was my goal to improve my living room using mainly things I already have.

If you want to see what it looked like before, you can check out my post from Monday. I was really focused on paring down and organizing this room and I'm pretty happy with the results. (please ignore the messy blanket on the couch! :)

I wrote about organizing my daughter's puzzles in the green basket and repairing the couch cover.

I allow some toys in the living room, but I try to keep them limited to what can fit in this cute basket by the couch. I'm constantly having to weed it out and take the extras somewhere else.

I wrote about how I cleaned out and organized all the video game stuff under the t.v. I also tried to pare down on what was on top of the entertainment stand. I think it looks much neater now!


*My giveaway for a Rubbermaid Reveal Mop is still open (closes tonight!) to get you started or keep you going strong on your home keeping journey!*

How about you? Did you work on organizing or cleaning an area of your home? Did you repurpose something or learn in some way to be more content with what you already have? Link up or leave a comment and share it with us!

2 comments:

Ginger Perry on September 17, 2010 at 6:41 PM said...

Looks great! Keep up the good work! I will be adding my post about wht I have been upto this week here in a bit! It is so hard to be content with what you have when there is so much new and "Better" stuff out there! You save a lot of money by being content though, plus you don't end up throwing 9 garbage bags full of junk away after only living in the house for 1 1/2 years. (That was only out of 2 closets and under 1 sink! Yikes! LOL

Ginger Perry on September 17, 2010 at 8:38 PM said...

Hey I tryed to post a link to my blog, but I didn't know if it posted right. Let me know if you got it. Thanks.

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin