"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Living Room: More Organization


One of my main goals for this week has been to get my living room more organized and I did some of it earlier this week. I thought I'd share with you a few more of the things I've been accomplishing in my living room area!

I was having a puzzle problem. My daughter's puzzles were taking over and I had to constantly hunt for pieces and sort them. So I decided to use a little trick I saw at a library once:

That's right, Ziploc bags. 2 Gallon Ziploc Bags I purchased on Amazon with Swagbucks giftcards to be exact (plus free shipping). Oh, I am soooooo thankful I did. Now all the puzzles are neatly in individual bags that can be closed (read: baby proof!) and kept neatly in a fun little basket at no cost whatsoever to me!

Our puzzle collection is already starting to out grow our puzzle basket, so I will probably have to come up with something new for them, but that's for another time. :)

Then I moved on to another living room problem. Someone used their new little scissors to cut a hole in the couch cover. Errr!

So I used some good old fashioned thread and a needle to sew it back up again. You can barely tell it's there now! I've been meaning to do this and finally decided that since I'm working on making and keeping my living room well this week, I should fix most of the problems that I could.


I will post the final results tomorrow along with a link up for you to share how you've been learning to be more content, a better homekeeper, re-purposing things you already have, etc. Come join us and let's encourage one another in this home keeping journey! Check out WFMW for other great tips!

4 comments:

Iamredeemed on September 16, 2010 at 9:39 PM said...

Just wanted to say that Aldis sells 2 gallon ziplock baggies as well. Good idea about the puzzle pieces :)

Ammie @ Domesticallyobsessed.com on September 17, 2010 at 12:54 PM said...

You. Are. A. GENIUS.

I hate all those stupid puzzle pieces and I never in a million years thought about doing the Ziplock thing. What a fantastic idea. *scurrying off to organize* Thanks!

Niki Jolene on September 23, 2010 at 9:15 PM said...

Great tip about using baggies to store the puzzles. And I am a preschool teacher. I never thought of that before. I will definitely try it out soon!

Stop by and visit sometime over at Free 2 Be Frugal.

B. on September 23, 2010 at 10:31 PM said...

I love ziplocks bags and use them for everything!

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin