"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Monday, August 30, 2010

Keeping the Home



One of the things that occurred to me while thinking about contentment was that I certainly couldn't expect God to bless me with a new home and other things if I'm not being a good steward of the things He's already given me. It also comes to mind that the less we have, the more content we are. Usually the more stuff we have, the more we want.

With this in mind, I'm starting a new "series" that will focus on being good stewards with what we already have, our homes in particular. Each week, I will focus on a different room of the house and will post before pictures of my own home (ack!), write posts on decluttering, cleaning, organizing and utilizing and being good stewards with what we already have. There may even be a few giveaways along the way. ;)

At the end, on Friday, I will post the final results (pictures too) of my efforts and will post a linky for those of you who would also like to share how you've been good stewards of have you have. You can share how you've decluttered your life, cleaned, reused or repurposed something that was just sitting around, etc.

Here's the order I'll be doing my rooms in (notice I went from easiest to hardest, lol)
  1. Dining Room (9/6)
  2. Living Room (9/13)
  3. Kid's Bedrooms (9/20)
  4. Bathroom(s)
  5. Closets (9/27)/Master Closet (10/4)
  6. Master Bedroom, not including craft storage (10/12)
  7. Kitchen
  8. Craft Storage
  9. Basement
  10. Outside/Patio
Let's encourage one another to be good stewards with what we've already been blessed with and learn together to be more content! If you like this idea and want to join in, please share it with those you know and your readers so we can all get together and give each other some good ideas. Hopefully by this Monday I will have a button ready for you to post on your blog if you'd like. I'm looking forward to getting started, how about you?

You can check out Raising Homemakers' Link Up to get some ideas to get started! :)

1 comments:

Lynn on September 3, 2010 at 3:39 PM said...

I was thinking along these lines just this morning. Be faithful in the little things. It's human nature, I think, to want to be able to do big, glorious things, but God wants us to be faithful with whatever He gives us, even if it's a small thing. Sounds like a great series you have planned :)

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin