"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Keeping the Home: Closets


I will be continuing on my journey of being a better steward with what I already have in an effort to be more content. Last week, I worked on my bathroom. I was very with the results. Every time I walk in the bathroom now, I feel happy and peaceful. :)

This week I'll be tackling the closets! This should prove very interesting because closets in themselves are for hiding messes, in my mind. LoL. That needs to change! No longer will I stash the closets with the junk I just don't want others to see!

The coat closet needs some work, especially with the shoes.

Blah, the linen closet is so difficult to make tidy. By nature, it holds the untidy.
The pantry above the basement stairs doesn't need much work, just a little organizing and sorting to keep things from expiring. I need to get better at properly rotating my food storage.

Eek! My closet is my far the worst. It's a drop point for basically anything. Crafts, clothes, misplaced office items, etc. I'm dreading doing that closet. It may take me all week just to do that one. *gag*
If I can convince him, I might get my husband to join in and clean his closet a bit too. :) What are you going to be working on this week?

Come back later in the week to see how I'm doing and on Friday I will post a link up for you to join in and tell us how you've been learning to be more content, a better homekeeper, re-purposing things you already have, etc. Come join us and let's encourage one another in this home keeping journey!

1 comments:

Unknown on October 8, 2010 at 11:23 PM said...

I saw your post on Women Living Well, I was wondering how it's going with the closets? Yours looked pretty tidy to me. Well, better than most of mine.

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin