"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Monday, September 27, 2010

Keeping the Home: Bathrooms


I will be continuing on my journey of being a better steward with what I already have in an effort to be more content. Last week, I worked on my kid's room. I was pretty happy with the results, too. This week, I'll be working on thebathrooms. :P I watched some episodes of "Hoarding" last night (don't ever watch while eating!) and I am totally motivated to get started this week!

Here's the before pictures and what I have to work on.

The main bathroom, overall, doesn't look too bad.

My main goal is going to be focusing on organizing and cleaning out the cupboards and medicine chest. It's amazing how quickly they get cluttered up!

My other issue is with the mildew stained caulking. I've tried before to use straight bleach and it didn't take care of it. Now I'm going to try a bleach cleaner product. If that doesn't work, I'll just have to accept that it's permanently stained.

I also really need to work on controlling the toys (again)! We have the bath toys hanging in two organizers right now, but they really get in the way, often fall, etc. I've seen cute frog organizers at Walmart and I'm thinking that just may be what I need.

Come back later in the week to see how I'm doing and on Friday I will post a link up for you to join in and tell us how you've been learning to be more content, a better homekeeper, re-purposing things you already have, etc. Come join us and let's encourage one another in this home keeping journey!

2 comments:

Lori A. on September 28, 2010 at 9:47 AM said...

I bought the Boon frog toy holder at Walmart for my nephew. They seem to like it!

JStacie on September 30, 2010 at 9:17 AM said...

I've had better luck with mixing a paste of bleach and baking soda and letting it sit for a while.

If that doesn't work, I don't think it is super hard (maybe just hard) to remove the old caulk and re-caulk.

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin