"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Friday, October 1, 2010

Keeping the Home Link Up


Bathroom Results:
As I posted about, I was convicted about being content with what I already have and learning to be a better steward with it. This week, it was my goal to improve my bathrooms using mostly things I already have.

I mainly focused on organizing and sorting through the medicine cabinet, below the sink and the massive amount of bath toys. If you want to see the before pictures, you can see them on my starting post here.

I decided that I wanted the little frog bath toy organizer I'd seen before at Walmart. I finally went out yesterday and got it! Lizzy was so excited, she thought it was an actual toy. LoL. It mounted easily and was big enough to hold everything. Plus it was on "Rollback." Score!

I'd also decided to get a new candle for the bathroom. I just love the look of a candle sitting on the back of the toilet. LoL The other one was old and getting low, so I got one that matched everything else and very reasonable. I love it! One simple thing seemed to really make it satisfactory to me.

I really dragged my feet on cleaning under the sink. It was dusty, dirty and not fun, but I finally did it and it's soooo much better!

The medicine chest looks and feels so much better too. I removed anything that wasn't used regularly and threw it away or put it in the linen closet. Now, it's much neater and easier to find what we do use!
Last weekend, my mom came over to watch the girls for a few hours and she told me that my home looked nice and organized. She said it was good. My mom said my house looked good! I was elated and it made all the work seem so worth it.

How about you? Did you work on organizing or cleaning an area of your home? Did you repurpose something or learn in some way to be more content with what you already have? Link up or leave a comment and share with us how you're being a Keeper at Home!

2 comments:

Ginger Perry on October 2, 2010 at 9:08 PM said...

Hi Janeen! I disn't really do too much deep cleaning or anything around this house this past week. So I didn't post anything! But hope fully this next week I will do some work out in our yard to post for next Friday. Your bathroom looks great and the candle you picked out looks really pretty! Keep up the good work and thanks for being such an enouragement to others, especially me!

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the last comment/linky (Mardona one) I entered it in the wrong spot!

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin