"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Friday, September 10, 2010

Keeping the Home Results: Dining Room


As I posted about, I was convicted about being content with what I already have and learning to be a better steward with it. This week, it was my goal to improve my dining room without much cost.

If you want to see before pictures, you can check out my post from Monday. My goals were to repaint the end table, declutter the craft area, organize the craft area, make the dinning room table look neater and nicer and clean up around the dinning room table because certain little kids have made it very sticky and dirty. :) And the results.....

I had a vase I won at a baby shower. So I went to Hobby Lobby (who had their floral stuff 50% off!) and picked out a pretty arrangement that cost me about $8. Not bad for flowers that won't die. :) I also got some 50% off glass pebbles to put at the bottom of the vase.

I empties out the drawers of the craft area and got rid of any thing that was used up or trash. I also added some little white organization baskets we had sitting around upstairs to help with the craft area. Overall, it looks a lot better, but I think I'll probably be working on it some more in the coming weeks.

I was very pleased with how the end table turned out. To see a detailed description of how I did it, check out the post over here. I'd guesstimate the cost of redoing the table was roughly $6, including buying a real paint brush. :) I also found a nice black lamp in the basement that I thought would go with my new look better.

So, really, I didn't spend much money to transform this area. To me, it feels some much nicer and more organized. I mainly used stuff I already had around to accomplish this and I'm so proud of myself for being creative!!

Plus, this week, I'm giving away a Rubbermaid Reveal Mop to get you started on the path of Keeping Your Home well!

One of my continuing goals for this area is to keep the dinning room table from becoming a catch all area. It tends to get piled up with mail, books and anything that doesn't have a home yet. I'd rather keep it clear and organized. It's a work in progress... :)

Oh, and just because she's cute, here's a picture of my younger daughter. :) I think making my home more beautiful and being more content is a finer thing!!


So, overall, I'm pleased with my work this week. How about you? Did you work on organizing or cleaning an area of your home? Did you repurpose something or learn in some way to be more content with what you already have? Link up or leave a comment and share it with us!

0 comments:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin