"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Cleaning the Children's Room


This week, we have been working on cleaning and organizing the kid's room. If you want to see before pictures, you can check out my starting post here. I really wanted to work on organizing their toys and books.

I went to Walmart to get some organizing tools. For $4.80 each I got two 34 gallon totes (for clothes) and for $6 something I got a smaller clear box to go under the bed. We decided to put the girls' playing food and cooking things into that box.

It was a perfect fit! Both my girls' love to play tea party and cooking so these toys are often scattered all over. I think this box will help a lot with keeping things all in one place.

We then moved on to sorting out the toy box. Lily was especially enthusiastic about this part!

We took everything out and organized it. Little pieces often get tossed in when they actually belong somewhere else. We also removed any "baby" toys that my 15 month old has out grown and put those in a box in the basement. There was more room in the toy box when we were done (and removed the baby from it)!

Come back Friday and I will post the final results and a link up for you to join in and tell us how you've been learning to be more content, a better homekeeper, re-purposing things you already have, etc. Come join us and let's encourage one another in this home keeping journey!

1 comments:

From The Heart Online on September 23, 2010 at 4:13 PM said...

I'm so ready to organize too. It's high time I go shopping for those fantastic plastic bins and start organizing.

... I should really post about it too! :)

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin