"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Monday, April 27, 2009

101 in 1001 Update


It was an exciting first week for me in my 101 in 1001 Challenge. I accomplished a few things, kept up with some things that stretched me and even failed a couple of things already! Here's the things I worked on (or didn't!) this week:

1. Cook a new recipe 3 times a month (2/102)-I tried a granola recipe I didn't like and a Pork Medallions with Lemon Sauce we really liked that was similar to the recipe here using 1.25 lb of pork loin cut into slices, a cast iron skillet and omiting the parsley-fantastic!

11. Catch up with 1 person on Facebook every week (0/143) Not Accomplished-Opps. I let this one slide last week. I'll have to try again this week!

13. Spend 1 day a week doing scheduled posts (1/143)

14. Comment 5 times a week on another blog (5/715)-This is fun! It's good to encourage others!

18. Get up before Lizzy 5 times a week (5/715)-This one is hard. I am not at all a morning person. But I did notice that when I get up before Lizzy I feel more energized, organized and ready.

19. Write full to-do list for new baby (4/21/09)- DOne! Now I just have to do it....

21. Name new baby (Email me if you want to know!) (4/16/09)

47. 20 minutes of exercise 3 times a week (3/429)- This one's hard too. I hate exercise, always have. I try to do this in two 10 minute time slots, once before Lizzy wakes up and once during nap. I try to do walking and back exercises for the pregnancy

53. Make fresh juice once per week (1/143)-Mmmm... I love fresh juice!

74. Drink a cup of tea every day (7/1001) Not Accomplished- Bummer. I should have known that I won't be able to do something that requires everyday effort. I forgot to drink my tea on Sunday, but I will still continue with it anyway to see how much I can do (I'm actually drinking Snapple Strawberry tea right now. Very good!) Plus, we have an enormous supply of tea that really needs worked on!

79. Memorize one new scripture per week- see list (1/143)-I technically did this one this week. Though I only memorized one of the two verses.

81. Get up early to pray 3 times a week (3/429)-I technically did this one too because I try to pray a little bit every time I wake up before Lizzy. But I know in my heart I need to work harder at this one and make it more of a priority.

Overall, I think I'm doing pretty well and I'm still excited. One of our refugee "neighbors" Marjan started to try to teach me how to knit socks tonight. LoL. We'll get there eventually...! :) How are you all doing with your goals?

1 comments:

Holly on April 28, 2009 at 6:59 AM said...

your doing a good job! I have already failed a few of mine..mostly the excercise one. I have been landscaping the front yard every day for a few hours, so by the time I get in all sweaty and hot and sore from bending over, that's the lat thing I want to do! =oP

The chiropractor I go to is named Dr. Hiner. I love him. He's so nice. And he'll talk away a storm. His receptionist Melissa is a big talker too. You'll feel right at home there. And your back will feelso much better too! His # is (330) 644-5115.

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin