"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Another Juice Recipe


I am still in love with my juicer. Actually, because I have more counter space and can leave appliances out, I probably love it more than ever because I can easily pull it forward, use it, rinse it clean and put it away. My husband is still a bit unsure of fresh juice but even he admitted that this recipe was pretty good. Plus, juicing is a great way to use up fruit that is getting a little past it's prime, making fresh juice a wonderful way to be frugal with your produce (I always have something going bad, I'm really bad at produce!)

Morning Juice
2 oranges
2 apples
1/4-1/2 grapefruit
maybe some ginger (adds zing, be careful not to over do it, trust me)

Throw it all in the juicer and drink it all! Head on over to Tasty Tuesday and Tammy's Kitchen Tuesday for more kitchen inspiration and Frugal Friday for other frugal tips!

3 comments:

Adena on April 22, 2009 at 4:34 PM said...

I saw your entry and was intrigued since we juice too. I bought a Champion Juicer three years ago. It makes such a difference. What all do you use the pulp for? Now I have a compost pile so whatever I can't use for something else gets thrown in there. I make carrot/raisin salad from carrot pulp. I remove the pulp before juicing any other fruits that I mix in with the carrot juice. Still have to force down the beet juice though. ugh.

Jen@Balancing Beauty and Bedlam on April 23, 2009 at 4:27 PM said...

I have a mini juicer...still in the box. I know if I had a great one and could leave it out I would use it more. I grew up on juice every day. My mom would have me drink one glass of carrot juice every morning to strengthen my eyesight. :)
thanks for linking up to Tasty Tuesday.

SnoWhite on June 4, 2009 at 10:19 PM said...

That juice sounds delicious! I can't wait to try it.

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin