"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Friday: Overcoming



I have a serious weakness for peanut butter. I always have, which my family likes to remind me of. Just the smell of it can shake my resolution to get back down to my high school weight. Making PB&J sandwiches for my daughter can almost break me!

The other day, I was making one of her sandwiches when I had a moment of weakness. I thought "why not just eat peanut butter, out of the jar, as much as you want! There's always tomorrow to diet!" Blah. I've had enough of those kinds of thoughts to know what they lead to...

I rejoice over my final decision. I took a tiny nibble and then put the lid back on the jar and put it away. Yay! You know what keeps me motivated? I signed up for the online Weight Watchers program and paid for 3 months in advance. I thought "I'd hate to be paying for something and not following it!"

Although I'm paying for something I really wish I didn't have to pay for (a diet service), I think it's frugal in the long run. I'm teaching myself moderation, self control and experiencing victory. I think at $17 a month, I'm getting a real bargain! Paying in advance and keeping myself on track has already proven to be both a finer thing and frugal choice for me!

Oh, and because I'm not about completely depriving myself, on my recent diet shopping trip I got some Chocolate Rice Cakes I plan to spread 1 tsp of peanut butter on for a fantastic 2 point (about 80 calories) treat to keep myself motivated. You can't put a price on guilt-free indulgence that keeps me on track!

3 comments:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet on April 30, 2010 at 5:11 PM said...

Great job for resisting the temptation! I would have probably given in especially if it included chocolate. LOL!

Amy @ Finer Things on May 2, 2010 at 12:21 PM said...

That's amazing willpower. Me... I love some peanut butter, too. :)

Audra Michelle on May 2, 2010 at 8:48 PM said...

Way to go! I will say that Weight Watchers helped me in high school! What you learn will stay with you for your life - completely frugal in my opinion!

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin