"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Weight Loss Tip: Have a Game Plan



My wonderful husband took out this past weekend while my mom watched our two girls. :) Yay! A real date! We first went to see the movie Avatar in 3-D because we'd heard excellent reviews about it. It was definitely very interesting.

After that, we went out to Carrabba's because we had a gift card. Carrabba's is amazing. I love, love, love Italian food. It's definitely a weakness of mine. But I'm also on a diet. I've been trying to follow along with the Weight Watchers program online. I track my points, activity and current weight. I've seen a little progress lately and I definitely didn't want to ruin it because of one night out.

So, before we went out, I did a little research online. Carrabba's website doesn't specifically list the nutrition info for each dish, only the carbs and exchanges. I had to go to Swagbucks and look up the info on my own by searching "Carrabba's calories." Many, many websites came up and I just picked one.

The website I choose to use is called My Fitness Plan. I'm not sure where they came up with their calorie values, but I think it's ok to use as a general idea. It's better than shooting in the dark. I found a dish I wanted to eat (Chicken Bryan) and used the calories, fat and fiber info to calculate the Weight Watchers Points value of that dish (14 points).

I personally like the idea of Weight Watchers and being able to spend my daily points (23) and weekly bonus points (35) any way I want. It gives me more control and encourages me to be wiser in how I "spend" my calories each day. Chicken Bryan was a high points value food, but I decided the splurge was worth it.

Taking the time to look up food nutritional values and calculating the Weight Watchers Points ahead of time Works for Me in my diet plan!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

chicken Bryan is so good!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder. I'm trying to get back in the habit of logging my Points!

Jenny on February 11, 2010 at 9:49 AM said...

I don't log points or anything. I had a plan to lose weight by walking my son to school every morning but that kinda went out the window when winter hit ;P I don't like the cold so the hubby takes him to school in the truck.

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin