"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Weight Watchers



I have a confession. I stink at weight loss. I have tons and tons of weight loss "don't" tips, but I'm failing miserably at losing the baby weight from my second daughter. I hit another low yesterday (I won't admit how many pumpkin chocolate chip cookies I ate...) and was finally fed up.

With my husband's ok, I signed up for the online Weight Watchers program. I hate spending money on something like weight loss, but I'm at the end of my rope. I'm hoping paying money for the service and keeping better track of things will really help me stay on track.

Right now, Weight Watchers is offering to waive their sign up fee if you commit to the 3 month plan. I signed up for just the online program which includes a personalized points plan, recipe points calculator, tips and more. So far, for one day, I'm pretty pleased with it. I like the concept of having points to "spend" however I choose. I won't be going to meetings though, which I hear is one of the most important parts.

I only signed up for 3 months, so if I don't see any improvement in 3 months, I'll definitely drop it, but I'm really, really hoping I can do it this time. I'll write about some things I've learned and looked at for weight loss here soon. Are any of you trying to lose weight? How's it going for you?

2 comments:

Merry Jo on January 26, 2010 at 3:29 PM said...

I've done WW before, and it does work ~ IF you stick to it. I've had to stop for different reasons, though, and when I stopped going to the meetings I did gain it back. Right now, I'm trying the free site fatsecret.com. It helps you track what you're doing, and did I mention it's FREE? I'm following the WW diet (you can pick any number of diets to follow), but I'm not paying the money. I just started with it yesterday, but so far I think I'm doing well. I hope it works for you! I know how hard it is to lose that baby weight. My second is 10 months old (my oldest just turned 2), and I realized that I've been pregnant or nursing for almost 3 years, so I didn't have to watch what I ate! Now that I'm only nursing a little, I notice a big change! Blessings to you! :)

Tami @ This Mom's Delight on January 30, 2010 at 8:58 AM said...

I need to lose weight. I have the at-home version of WW. I really need accountability, though.

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin