"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Wednesday Wifehood: In Public




I've recently been watching some of the episodes of the Duggar's show, 17 and Counting. I find it fascinating as well as inspiring. I've already gotten some great ideas and tips to try out in my home for organizing and having patience with my children.

One of the things I noticed right away was how Michelle Duggar spoke about and to her husband. It was a good reminder that we should always watch how we speak, especially to our husbands and especially in front of others. There are some things that it's best to wait to say until we are alone with our husbands, especially if it's a problem area.

Far too often we see, both in daily life and on television and media, wives nagging at their husbands, tearing them down, belittling them, etc. It's seems women want to prove something and want to "win" over men no matter what the cost.

I have been learning how to keep quiet, pray about things that bother me and speak concerns in a loving, respectful way. I am learning. I'm not there yet, not even close. But I want to be. How about you? Have you been learning how to speak in a loving and respectful way to others? Do you have any tips for us?

1 comments:

Unknown on November 11, 2010 at 8:56 PM said...

This is really good! I as not married but I really enjoyed this! I am taking notes- keep up the good work! (I love Michelle, too!)

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin