"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Share Yourself Saturday: Healthy Beginings



I really appreciate the Heavenly Homemakers blog, especially her commitment to eating healthy and helping others learn to do so as well. I've read her Simple Steps Toward Healthy Eating and I love it. Her story of where they were and how they changed is inspiring.

I've been wanting to be healthier for a while now and I have a great deal of knowledge on the subject, but it's just that: knowledge. I don't actually do it. My husband and I have been discussing it a lot lately and we've made the decision to start applying that knowledge.

We are not the "throw everything away and start from scratch" kind of people. Instead, we've decided to use up the things we're going to cut out and simply not buy them anymore. We will be making small, regular steps toward our goal of eating healthy to be sure that it'll stick and not just be some extreme change we won't continue with.

I hope to be sharing more on this healthy eating journey on here soon, especially our story of where we came from and where we're going with it. :) It's a process! How about you? Have you been making changes in how you eat? Or do you want to make changes and are afraid to start? Share with us!

1 comments:

Ginger Perry on November 6, 2010 at 5:46 PM said...

No joke! Just the other day I thought the same thing! Also I decided to eat what we had, and just not buy any more junk. I guess great minds think a like!

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin