"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Monday, September 6, 2010

Gratituesday: 3rd Brithday and Cake Recipe!




I can hardly believe my baby is already 3 now!! I'm so thankful for her and definitely believe that she is a blessing. Parenting can be hard at times (ok, most of the time), but I'm so thankful for the joy and love she fills our lives with. She teaches me so much! We had a birthday party for her last week and for those of you who were wondering, here's how I made her cake.

Dora in the Clouds
I made Dora's face by following the cake recipe and instructions on Nick Jr. I changed a few things, but basically followed the guidelines. I didn't use paste food coloring for her face color. I just mixed the vanilla frosting with some of the chocolate frosting and hot chocolate mix. LoL. I also didn't pipe in her hair. I just smeared it on with a knife and then outlined parts with the light brown face frosting.

The white stuff I made dairy free for a few people who were coming. It was chocolate mini cupcakes frosted with White Mountain frosting (I didn't use the salt or cream of tartar). We just smeared the frosting all over them, which made them blend in nicely. The mini cupcakes were just a chocolate cake recipe I found in my Betty Crocker Cookbook. If you have any questions about the cake, feel free to ask!

1 comments:

A Faithful Journey on September 7, 2010 at 7:07 AM said...

Stopping by from Gratituesday!
They do grow up fast...don't they? I wish I could find a way to keep them little forever!
Have a great day! :)

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin