"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Friday, June 4, 2010

Finer Things Friday: Priorities


I haven't been around on the computer lately. I have very good reasons for that (as well as some not so good ones). I've been sharply convicted lately of my priorities. I've been losing sight of many things, including spiritual things.

God had to show me all over again just how important and noble the calling of wife and mother truly is. He had to give me His vision and perspective of mothers and children and it was extremely convicting. Oh, how easy it is to lose sight of God's heart and plans for us in today's culture. I've been influenced too much lately by temporal things and by looking at others and thinking I should be like them. There are some very wonderful Christians and mothers out there that I can learn a lot from. But I'm not them. I don't have their lives. I'm me. God gave my children to me with all my strengths, weaknesses and shortcomings and I should never forget that. For too long now have I struggled with defeat and feeling like a failure as a mother.

I've chosen now to live a life of victory because with the Holy Spirit's help, I can. God wants me to and I do too! As I work on this, I hope to share some of it with you, but please understand if I'm not around as much anymore. My children and family are my first priority and I need to work out some scheduling and timing things. I need more discipline in the things I do and it may include cutting back in some areas.

But you know, I'm very excited to be where I am right now. I feel on the brink of a huge step forward. A learning period. A growth opportunity. A chance to learn more about God and to walk more like Jesus. I can't wait and I hope to encourage you that He wants the same for you as well! I think all of these are Finer Things, including these adorable pictures of what I've been working on lately... appreciating the family and my circumstances that God's blessed me with for this season of my life!

Swimming!


Swimming and camping over Memorial Day weekend


Picnicking on our back patio


Growing up so fast! My baby will be 1 this month!


We went to the local zoo on Daddy's day off yesterday!

1 comments:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet on June 4, 2010 at 5:36 PM said...

What an AWESOME Finer Things Friday! :D God is good! It is so easy to lose sight of what God has for us.

Have a great weekend!
Sherry

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin