"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Boudreaux's Butt Paste: Review


Boudreaux's Butt Paste

I hate diaper rash. What I hate even more is the smell of diaper rash cream. And the feel of it. And the look of it. And the fact that I can't get it off my fingers. :)

I had seen Boudreaux's Butt Paste by Blairex in stores before. I remember because the name gave me a chuckle. So when given the opportunity to try it out, of course I said yes. My youngest is 11 months and still drinking a few bottles a day, so sometimes we have some nasty diapers. I was given 2 oz samples of both the Original formula and the All Natural formula to try out through MamaBuzz. I can honestly say I really like this stuff.

I like that the All Natural has all natural ingredients like Aloe Vera, Beeswax, Castor Oil, and Peruvian Balsam Oil. I makes me feel good about what I'm putting on my baby, but honestly, it smells weird. It's also very thin. It kind of dribbled out of the tube. Rather than put it on my hand, I just dripped it on my baby's behind and rubbed it in. LoL. It cleaned off easier than regular diaper rash cream, but I noticed it was no longer on at the next diaper changing. I worried that it mostly rubbed of on the diaper because of how thin it was, but it seemed to help clear up the rash.

I liked the smell to the Original formula a lot better. It was actually almost sweet smelling and had a much thicker consistency. It's a lot more like a regular diaper rash cream. It even has a little bit of a brown color to it and stayed on my baby's bottom a little better. Both creams seemed to work just as well as the standard, nasty diaper rash cream, so I think it's a great find!

You can find it at drugstores, discount stores and grocery stores in 1-oz., 2-oz., 3-oz., and 4-oz tubes, a 16-oz. jar, and a single foil pack sizes. A 2 oz tube of it is about $5.99. I hoestly think that's a little high, being the bargain shopper that I am, but some people may think it's a great deal for not having to use the regular, yuckie diaper rash cream. I'm not sure if there's coupons out there for this, but it may just be worth a look...

What do you think of standard diaper rash creams? Have you found something that works for you or do you have any experiences with this brand you'd like to share with us?

1 comments:

Courtney@Booksnboys on June 3, 2010 at 2:18 PM said...

This is my favorite brand of diaper rash creme. It's not too bad if you combine Target and manufacturer's coupons and buy the BIG jar of it. I use cloth diapers and have found that it really helps on both my little one's rashes since it forms a barrier between the wet diaper and their butt. Plus, my husband likes the name :) So it's a win all around at my house!

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin