"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Works For Me Wednesday: Weight Loss



I'm still waging war with my eating habits. I love food. I love to cook. Love to eat. Love to feed other people. LoL. It's no wonder I'm on Weight Watchers!

Whenever I manage to stay on track for my points each day, I'm thrilled. So, I'm always looking for satisfying, low points foods that I actually want to eat. I've come up with the perfect breakfast that uses up my stock, is low in points and keeps me full until lunch!

Weight Watchers Blueberry Oatmeal (2.5 points)
  • 1/2 c. quick oats
  • 1 c. of water
  • 1 packet of truvia
  • 1/2 c. frozen blueberries
I mix the water and oatmeal and microwave until hot and the water is mostly absorbed. I then stir in the truvia and blueberries, microwaving again if the blueberries make it too cold.

What a fantastic breakfast! I use up some of the oatmeal I got for $0.50 or less with coupons, the 30 some pounds of blueberries I picked last summer and I can even tolerate the "fake" sugar truvia. I figure that since it's made from stevia (all natural) that it's not so bad for me. I'm sure I'll read otherwise sometime in the future, but until then I'll use it. I stretch eating this oatmeal out all morning and it lasts me and keeps me full until lunchtime.

This low points recipe works for me. What weight loss recipes work for you?

0 comments:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin