"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wednesday Wifehood: After Valentine's Day



It's been almost two weeks after Valentine's Day and that leaves me wondering. Has the feeling of love and devotion disappeared with it? Do we limit our expressions of love to one Hallmark Day? It's so very easy for life to slip in and wipe away our memory of the decisions we've made to be more purposeful in our expressions of love.

I'm guilty. I woke up in a "funk" today. My 8 month old is still having troubles sleeping at night, she might be teething, my 2 1/2 year old wakes up asking me to turn on her Dora movie and I'm exhausted by 8 AM. My husband didn't have to leave for work until 9:40 AM and instead of being blessed by having him here, I was thinking about how it meant he wouldn't be home until close to 7 tonight. What an awful start to the day.

These are the kinds of days I wish I had a "do-over" button for. God's form of a do-over button is repentance and grace. I can stop, repent of my selfish, frustrated mood and ask His grace to continue the day with His joy and peace. The amazing thing about God is that if we ask for it, we will receive it. But we have to ask. We have to acknowledge that something is wrong and seek to correct it.

So, I'm going to go repent and ask for grace now. :) Do you have any encouraging thoughts about wifehood you'd like to share with us? Link up or leave a comment!

0 comments:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin