Tuna Egg Salad-3.5-4 WW Points (5-6 servings)
- 1 5oz. can of light tuna in water (drained-100 calories)
- 6 hard boiled eggs (peeled and diced-420 calories, ouch!)
- 2 tablespoons of mayo (220 calories)
- mustard to taste (0 calories)
- Dill pickles to taste (I even pour some of the juice in-about 5 calories)
As per a comment, I tried this recipe out, substituting 4 tablespoons of plain low fat yogurt for the mayo. To my surprise, I could barely tell a difference and I loved it! The yogurt only added 27.5 calories compared to the mayo's 220 calories! Using this substitution makes this awesome salad only 110 calories per serving (1/5 of the recipe) which brings the WW points down to 2.5-3. Wonderful! Thanks for the tip!!
Too see other frugal ideas, check out Life as Mom's Frugal Friday and to see other fine things, check out Amy's Finer Thing's Friday! Check out Tasty Tuesday and Tempt My Tummy Tuesday for other yummy recipes! Also, You’ll find all kinds of new recipes this weekend at Heavenly Homemakers Recipe Parade!!