"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Monday, February 1, 2010

Mom Monday: My Mama Story




I LOVE encouraging Mamas
. That was (and still is!) one of my main purposes with this blog. I also truly want to help them and give them a place to seek advice and answers to those frequent questions that pop up (like how to get your baby to eat solids and not spit it out at you).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to give the impression that I have all the answers. I am reminded constantly that I don't. That's why I want to create a place for Mamas to gather and share with each other and Mom Mondays is my attempt at that.

So, starting next week, I'm going to begin listing How To's, answering questions, putting up guest posts from other great Mamas and doing my best to create a place for Mamas to learn, share and be encouraged. I'm super excited about it.

Here's my request to you: let me know what you, as a Mama, would love to read about. What questions do you have for me and other Mamas? What do you know that you'd like to guest post about? What would you like to read about? Those of you that are older Mamas (and grandmamas!) let me know some things you've learned and would like to share.

To start this off, this week I'm going to introduce myself as a Mama to you and encourage you to do the same! Leave a comment telling us about your kiddos (and/or grandkiddos). Introduce yourself to us! Feel free to blog about it and leave your link!

Now for me. I have two adorable girlies. My oldest, Elizabeth, is about 2 1/2 and wonderful! She was one of those sweet little babies that slept all night (granted, it was in the swing) and was very content. She ate like a champion (both nursing and solids) and still eats very well. She still sleeps at least 12hours a night and is only now having minor toddler issues. She my princess who loves to dress up, do her hair, get lotion and is very sweet. She loves to help me cook and clean and is becoming a very independent toddler.


My youngest, Lily,is 7 months (born in June) and has quite the temperament. She was basically the opposite. She was fussy. Borderline colicky. She didn't nurse well (I finally gave up at 3 months) and doesn't like solid foods. She has extreme mood swings and goes from being the happiest baby you've ever seen to the most unhappy baby you've ever seen. She very active, already rolling all over the place and trying desperately to crawl. She loves to bounce and jump and I can already tell that once she's mobile, she'll get into EVERYTHING!! She's probably going to be my tomboy. Isn't funny that you can see so much personality in a 7 month old?

How about you? Tell us your Mama story!

0 comments:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin