"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Monday, February 1, 2010

Gratituesday: God's Blessings in the Small Stuff



I'm super late in posting this, but a few months ago (not long before Christmas) Mom Select sent out an email inviting people to sign up to receive boxes of products from companies to try out. I jumped on the opportunity. I love free stuff!

I totally forgot I signed up until this huge box landed on my doorstep one day. It was like an early Christmas for me and I was so excited about the contents. I quickly hid the box from my daughter and used many of the gifts for Christmas gifts. I was so very, very thankful for this box.

Later, I was thinking about the things we'd received and it almost made me tear up. We've had a rough year, especially at the end, and that God had provided for us (even down to gifts for my daughter) made me feel so blessed and humbled. I don't have everything figured out and I'm definitely not perfect, so that God loves me and my family wherever we are at fills my heart with joy and reminds me to be thankful in every small thing.

I want to say a very huge thank you to Mom Select and the fantastic companies who put together the boxes. In the box, we received:
  • Boz, The Green Bear Next Door DVDs (Christmas and Thank You God for Bananas, Bubbles and Busy Bodies)
  • Holly and Hal Moose from Build-A-Bear Workshop (my daughter is holding Holly Moose in the picture above, she loves them!)
  • Temple Touch Thermometer
  • A bottle of California Olive Ranch Olive Oil
  • PLAYMOBIL Advent Calendar
  • A coupon for a free bottle of Sun Detergent
What a huge blessing! I highly, highly recommend Boz, The Green Bear Next Door. It is a Christian education program aimed at preschoolers. My daughter loves these DVDs and so did someone we lent them to. I'm really thinking about buying some more or even the music CD!

Want to see other great things people are thankful for? Check out Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

1 comments:

Martianne on February 2, 2010 at 7:54 AM said...

I've never heard of Mom Select, but what a fun blessing for your family to receive. God always brings smiles - in boxes, hugs, love and simple moments. Savor them. Wiashing you blessings.

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin