"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Gratituesday: Flowering Joy


My Christmas Cactus. My mom gave it to me before I was married and I've managed not to kill it yet. Actually, it's pretty healthy. My mom says it has to be "very happy" to flower.

Mine didn't flower this year at Christmas and I was so sad, thinking it was unhappy with me. Then, a few weeks ago, it started to flower! It was just a late bloomer, I guess. My Christmas Cactus brings joy to my heart when I see it's beautiful little flowers. What a simple thing to be thankful for.


2 comments:

annies home on February 16, 2010 at 1:02 PM said...

very pretty

Anonymous said...

Lovely! I don't have a green thumb in me, I always ruin flowers & plants :-( Happy WW!

http://happilyblended.com/2010/02/wordless-wednesday/

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin