"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Share Yourself Saturday: Valentine's Day



This year, for Valentine's Day, we're keeping it very simple. We were going to have someone watch the girls, but it didn't work out this year.

I plan on making a yummy dinner from a recipe I haven't tries yet. It's called Indonesian Peanut Chicken and it sounds amazing! I'll have to let you know if it is as good as it sounds. I'll probably serve it with a 2 day old french bread loaf my husband got for free from work. The best way I've found to eat old french bread is to slice it, microwave it a few seconds until it is warm and soft and use real butter on it. Fabulous!

I haven't decided on a dessert yet, because we were planning on going out for dessert, but I'll probably choose something with chocolate and maybe I'll start my search in All Recipes or Kraft Foods and Family (their magazines are amazing).

We'll probably rent a free Redbox movie. I'll probably demand a chick flick that's also guy compatible. Life as Mom has a list about chick flicks guys like too. I would like to add a few that my husband tolerates as well. Although, I'll readily admit, my husband is pretty easy to talk into watching a movie with me!

We both think this movie is cheesy, which is kind of the point of it, and it's hilarious! A real classic.

I can't stress highly enough what an excellent movie this is.


While You Were Sleeping
A very cute and funny movie.

I'm also lucky enough to have a husband that will watch (and actually enjoy) my Jane Austin and similar classic movies with me. We love Pride and Prejudice (seriously, the Collin Firth version is the only one I'll watch), Persuasion, Mansfield Park, Bleak House and Little Dorrit. I'm very specific in which versions of these I'll watch, especially because there's usually 3 or 4 different versions and most of them butcher it!

LoL. My husband has the theory that all chick flicks are the same. Guy meets girl. Guy or girl realizes the one they're with is all wrong for them. Guy and girl have some problem, work it out and leave their previous loves to be with each other. The end. :)

What are you planning on doing with your Valentine's Day? Share with us!

1 comments:

christy rose on February 13, 2010 at 12:56 PM said...

Last year for Valentines Day, I fixed a filet steak and sauteed shrimp dinner for my whole family. We spent the whole evening just enjoying one another. It was a lot of fun. This year we are going out by ourselves though. I am ready for a date night. :)

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin