"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Sunday, December 13, 2009

A Rebuke


I heard a wise father of the faith speak one time and I wrote some notes. I was reading through some of those notes today and some of his points struck me again.

When someone makes us angry or hurt, it's because they are behaving in an un-Christ-like way, just as we do sometimes as well. God is the only one who's ever had the right to despise someone... and He chose not to. He died for them instead. Before you harshly "rebuke" someone, as Christ did the Pharisees, first be sure that you're willing to die for them, as He did.

Just thought I'd share, especially because we hear truths like these so rarely and when we do, we tend to mentally go "ok" and forget. I don't want to forget.

1 comments:

Happy Hermit (happilyhiddenhermit@gmail.com) on December 13, 2009 at 8:57 AM said...

Excellent Point !! Truly it is.

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin