"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Monday, December 14, 2009

Mom Monday: Help!


This week's Mom Monday is a little different. This week I need HELP! My oldest daughter is 27 months and a very good, well behaved girl on the whole. But we've been having issues lately, particularly with nap time.

My daughter's always been a great sleeper and usually sleeps 11-12 hours at night. Typically, she wakes up between 8 and 9AM. I know, I'm blessed. My problem is that she still gets tired in the afternoons, so I lay her down in her bed. Maybe once a week she actually falls asleep. All the other times she either cries, tears apart her room, or (lately) she's been ripping up her books. I had to put all her books in a box out of her reach because of this. I want to enforce a "quiet time" everyday as I've heard of other moms doing, but I'm at my wits end with this. I keep losing my temper with her and quiet time ends up being anything but. I've tried changing the times I lay her down, tried telling her "it's time to rest" and tried disciplining her when she destroys things.

If you've been through it and have some advice for me, I'd greatly appreciate it. I just don't know what to do at this point. Thanks so much, I appreciate you all!!

0 comments:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin