"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Share Yourself Saturday: My Technical Woes



There's a reason for my disappearance lately. A very nasty kind of virus seems to have taken over my new computer. I suspect it came from Facebook or something. I've spent WAY too much time trying to figure it out. My tech friend says Facebook and the like have been seriously attacked by hijackers and viruses. (Just so you know) I've done everything possible that he suggested and it's so bad that I can't even open up the internet browser. It even affected our other computer's internet because they were networked. As soon as I removed the connection and hooked up the old computer directly to the internet it was fine....

So, anyway, long, boring story made short: I have to completely reload Windows and everything else onto the new computer. Errr! Can you feel my frustration? I even have antivirus software, never download anything suspicious and have antimalware. I thought I was safe. Think again. I'll be much more careful from here on out with networking programs like Facebook.

Just thought I'd share that little warning with you. On the positive side, I've learned a great deal about computers and start up and troubleshooting Windows and Mozilla Firefox through all this. I won't bore you with the details but I think even my hubby was impressed with my smooth tech talk. :) How about you? Any technical woes you've survived? I'll never scoff at someone who gets a computer virus again.... I totally understand now!!!

0 comments:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin