"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Wish I Knew This Earlier....



Wish I had seen this list last Easter when I was trying to make a turkey that was still partially frozen and wouldn't cook and I think my probe thermometer was off!! What a nightmare... it was straight out of those horror dreams you have about ruining a holiday dinner.... thanks Cherry Picker for the heads up!! I might just print this and tape it to my homemade recipe book.

Pick the day you are going to buy your turkey today.
/
Frozen turkeys should not be thawed on the back porch, in the car trunk, in the basement or on the kitchen counter, regardless of the temperature.
//
Refrigerator Thawing
Plan ahead
Allow approximately 24 hours for every 5 pounds in a refrigerator set at 40 °F.
Refrigerator Thawing Times
(Whole turkey)
8 to 12 pounds..........1 to 2 days
12 to 16 pounds..........2 to 3 days
16 to 20 pounds..........3 to 4 days
20 to 24 pounds..........4 to 5 days

0 comments:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin