"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Baking Day


When Money Saving Mom announced on Twitter that she was going to be having a baking day today, I was inspired to do so as well! A friend is watching my 2 year old today, so it's just me and the baby and I have high hopes and a very long to do list for my "only one kid" day! You can follow along with me and lots of others today as we work on making lots of baked goods and foods to freeze and use later. Here's what I hope to accomplish today (ha...we'll see!):
  • Grocery Shopping (Giant Eagle, Save-a-lot and Walgreens)
  • 3 lbs of beans soaked and cooked, the way Health Begin's with Mom recommends!
  • 1 quart of yogurt made
  • Bushel of McIntosh apples peeled, cored, cooked and mashed for applesauce (for Homemakers' Day on Saturday)
  • Possibly can some of the applesauce or freeze it if I run out of time
  • Cook up a double batch of rice to freeze
  • Possibly make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
  • Possibly make Homemade Pita Pockets
  • Cook, mash and freeze baby food (acorn and butternut squash a friend gave me) in trays
Not sure how it'll all work out, especially because I have a time limit: I have to be done in time for bible study tonight. Plus I have a baby to feed and take care of too! :) Here's what I've done so far:I have the beans soaking with some yogurt (which is supposed to help break down the stuff that makes them hard to digest). This is 3 pounds of beans, one each of pinto, red kidney and black eyed peas. I haven;t started on the apples yet, but I've brought some of them up from the basement, does that count?

While I'm at it, I may just try and get my freezers organized too. :)

4 comments:

Unknown on October 7, 2009 at 1:07 PM said...

Busy day, I have never put cooked rice in the freezer. How does it come out after you defrost it?
THANKS!!! for sharing your busy day. Geri

Christian Frugal Mama on October 7, 2009 at 1:19 PM said...

You know, I asked on twitter twice and didn't get a response, so I might just try it and see how it comes out, then I'll let you know!

Holly on October 7, 2009 at 1:24 PM said...

ok, ambitious mama! i would be too if i just had a 1 baby day. hope you get it all accomplished!

Joyful on October 7, 2009 at 4:19 PM said...

Here's hoping you were able to get everything done. :)
Also, thank you for the Pumpkin Chocolate Muffin recipe.
I'll have to make them.
Blessings,
Joyful

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin