"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Works for me Wednesday: Grease Stains


I have ruined many a shirt with grease/oil... I SHOULD be wearing my apron I asked for and got for Christmas. But it never fails that I'm halfway through baking something fantastic and *splash.* Err.... I think grease stains just make me look even more like a frumpy mom. :)

After writing off many shirts (and some pairs of pants too!) as house clothes due to grease stains I heard the most amazing, fantastic way to get rid of them (most of them, anyway). Ready for it? It's soooo hard! :)

Dish Soap

Yep. The grease fighting power of Dawn really does have some merit to it. Whenever I notice that I got grease on my shirt I stop immediately (silently kick myself for not wearing my apron AGAIN) and pull out a little bottle of normal, concentrated liquid dish soap (like Dawn, Joy, etc) and squirt some directly on the grease spot. DON'T GET THE SPOT WET FIRST! Water and oil really don't like each other. Then I let it sit for a while, sometimes I scrub the soap into the stain and I throw it in the washer. It's been a while since I've done this, but I think I remember that this Works for Me... I guess I'll find out here soon because guess what? Yep, I didn't put my apron on when I was making brownies today! :)

6 comments:

Kelly Miller on October 6, 2009 at 11:52 PM said...

I will always trust in the power of the blue Dawn!

Meghan on October 7, 2009 at 12:23 AM said...

I do this too!

annies home on October 7, 2009 at 7:53 AM said...

thanks for this tip I never thought about using it on grease stains all though it seems perfect for it

Lori on October 7, 2009 at 8:59 AM said...

Oh YEAH! I have a bottle of Dawn in the laundry cupboard! Can't do laundry without it!

Courtney on October 7, 2009 at 10:23 AM said...

i wonder if my seventh generation dish soap would work, i only have organic cleaners guess i will find out if they cut grease!!

Amanda on October 7, 2009 at 11:54 AM said...

I hope this will work even after I've washed the shirt. (Didn't dry it yet) I totally forgot about this! Thanks for reminding me!

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin