"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Wordless and Works for Me Wednesday


Have you ever actually measured out how much a true serving of cereal is? Most of them are 1/2 or 3/4 cup. That bowl is a serving of Blueberry Pomegranate Total that I received as a sample in the mail..... That's depressing. Makes you take a closer look at the amount you're eating! Whenever I take the time to measure and weigh out serving sizes, I'm always surprised at how small a serving size really is. But when I do it, I start to see a difference in my weight loss efforts. Every so often I have to go back to accurately measuring stuff out. Funny how when I stop, my "eye balling it" portions slowly get bigger... :) My tip: take the time every so often for a serving size reality check!
Check out other pictures at Wordless Wednesday and other great tips at Works for me Wednesday!

3 comments:

Jessica on September 16, 2009 at 11:33 AM said...

Everybody should pay attention to labels and sizes, etc. of everything they eat.

By the way I think this is my first visit to your blog, I am looking for followers at any (or even all) of my blogs so feel free to go on over and say hello and follow my blog(s) and I'll be sure to return the favor!

My family blog: http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com (followers link is on the bottom)

My custom design blog (I am currently offering FREE designs for blogs): http://sostylilized.blogspot.com (followers link is on the side)

My photography blog: http://www.jessicaslilmoments.com (followers link is on the side)

Have a blessed rest of the week! :)

Staci A on September 16, 2009 at 1:46 PM said...

It is amazing how much we think a serving is sometimes. I know I'm very guilty of eyeballing it most of the time!

Stefany on September 17, 2009 at 12:20 AM said...

I know I could lose weight easier if I watch portion sizes!

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin