"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Organizing: Step One


My organizing project for this week comes from the ideas in the book Survival for Busy Women by Emilie Barnes. She recommends starting in a room in your house with 3 trash bags: throw away, giveaway and put away. Take 15 minutes a day (set a timer!) and go through a section of your home with your three bags (or boxes in my case). Be objective and unattached to your junk stuff. Attack one pile or drawer at a time.

I started with my kitchen and started putting all the stuff I haven't even thought about since we've moved into this house (7 months ago). Most of it I'd forgotten about, so I must not really need it. I threw away any useless stuff old straws, etc) and put extra dishes, water pitchers and so on in a box to give to Goodwill. It already feels much cleaner and like I have so much more space. See how easy that was? Now start on a seemingly daunting area of your house today. Just take 15 minutes and go plow through it. Trust me, you'll be glad you did!

0 comments:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin