"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Update on my 101 in 1001


Here's my recent progress on my 101 in 1001 list. Not as good as I had hoped, but as I talked about earlier, sometimes we have to choose to be ok with what we can reasonablly accomplish in each season of life. :)

Things I've been Working on:
3. Stock freezer for after new baby

9. Go a whole month without buying store bread every 6 months (0/6)- Darn! I almost got this one (had to go 9 more days) but I had a coupon that got me all natural bread for $0.49 today at Giant Eagle. Oh well, try again! :)

14. Comment 5 times a week on another blog (15/715)- I love this! It's so much fun!

17. Go one day without any computer once per month (1/34)- I did this... although it was Mother's Day. Does that count?

29. Complete a yarn project every 6 months (0/6)- I'm working furiously to finish mending Maria's blanket before the new baby comes! :)

45. No candy for a whole week every month (1/34)- This one will be done tonight... it wasn't hard, although I didn't count ice cream, puppy chow and some other borderline items!

47. 20 minutes of exercise 3 times a week (5/429)- Blah! I failed this already... should have known! I hate exercise but I know I need it. I'll keep trying!

52. Get hypercare (5/4/09)- Yay! It's already helping, too!

53. Make fresh juice once per week (3/143)- This one's borderline too because I'm going to count the fresh smoothie my sweet hubby got me for Mother's Day! :)

61. Read a book with Thad once per month (0/34)- We are currently working through Gary Chapman's Five Love Languages I got free from Paper Back Swap

79. Memorize one new scripture per week- see list (3/143)- I had to change these a bit because I noticed I was only able to really do 1 per week and I don't want to rush through these, just to get them done. I really want to take the time to learn them and meditate on them.

86. Host a couples night once every 3 months (1/11)- Yay! This Saturday is the first Couple's Night that our church has had in quite some time!

0 comments:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin