"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Resurrection Sunday Dinner


Ah. I promised my meal plan and recipes this week. Sorry, things have been a little hectic since the Iranian Refugee couple came in on Wednesday and we've been getting everything settled and smoothed out. My husband is working his 3rd 12 hour night shift in a row tonight and I am just so tired. I think the pregnancy is finally catching up to me... what am I now, almost 31 weeks. Ha. It's gone so fast, I don't even know where I'm at in it! :) Anyway, here's what I plan on serving at my house for about 9 people this Sunday:

Jarlsberg Cheese Spread from Giant Eagle and Garlic Crostini (mmm!)
Alton Brown's Turkey (brined and beautiful!)
Grandma's Holiday Potatoes
Classic Green Bean Casserole
Homemade Rosemary Bread (recipe later)
King's Hawiian Rolls
Salad (Mother-in-law)
"Deviled" eggs (My Dad)
Blueberry Pecan Crumble
Ice Cream (possibly blueberry flavored, if not, just vanilla)
Strawberry Bread (Aunt Lynn)

My goodness I am looking forward to this! I love having people over, especially because it motivates me to really clean the house. Not that my house is a pig sty by any means, but I basically did that once a month deep cleaning tonight, with just a few more odds and ends to tend to tomorrow. The ice cream I will make Saturday night, to give it time to set and the bread I will probably make early Sunday morning, so it has time to bake and cool before the meal. Hope your holiday is blessed and wonderful!

0 comments:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin