"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Recipe of the Week


I know I posted these as freezer cookies, but these seriously are my favorite cookie. The only ones I usually make, really.

Peanut Butter chocolate chip cookies: Version 2.0
Ok, so I adore my mom's cookies, but these are better. (Don't tell her I said so!) I got this recipe from a booklet that came with my pizza stone. I love these because you can bake them off, eat your fill (hopefully not all of them!) and then store the rest in a freezer bag with no air in it in the freezer. Honestly, they don't last too long in my freezer either, but when I do pull them out, they seriously taste like they were just baked. Incredible. I now have a back up plan for last minute guests! :)

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
1/2 c. crunchy P.B.
3/4 c. vegetable shortening (or butter, but the shortening makes them very crisp)
1/2 c.firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 c. gran. sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1&1/4 c. A.P. Flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
6oz choc. chips (I love these with P.B. chips!)

preheat oven to 375F. Mix P.B., shortening, and sugars in bowl. Add egg and vanilla and beat until well combined. Stir flour, soda, and salt together seperately and then add to wet mixture. Mix well. Stir in chips. Drop on baking stone or ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-15 minutes. Cool 2 min and remove to wire racks. yields 4 dozen (yeah right). If you like soft, gooey cookies, take them out around 9-10 minutes. These things will get seriously crispy (the best kind!) if you let them go too long.

You can check out Life as Mom's Ultimate Recipe Swap , Tammy's Kitchen Tips , Tempt my Tummy Tuesday or Tasty Tuesday to see other great recipes this week!

10 comments:

Sandra on March 27, 2009 at 12:27 PM said...

Oh, these sound SO good. I love peanut butter!! When I was a kid I cooked peanut butter cookies almost every weekend. I still make them quite a bit for my kids.

Samantha on April 7, 2009 at 3:32 PM said...

Love peanut butter cookies, these sound so good ! Thanks so much for sharing, have a very blessed day !

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace on April 7, 2009 at 11:17 PM said...

Hey, that sounds wonderful. Chocolate and peanut butter, woo hoo!! Thanks for sharing and linking up to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

Jen@Balancing Beauty and Bedlam on April 13, 2009 at 11:52 PM said...

oh - these look so yummy. I haven't made the two together..must try. Thanks for linking up at our new Tasty Tuesday location. It would be great to add it to this post so that others can find us as well.
Can't wait to look through some of your archives...lady after my own heart. :)

phillips phamily on April 14, 2009 at 8:33 AM said...

I love that you can freeze them! Thanks!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet on April 14, 2009 at 9:37 AM said...

THis looks fabulous and something my family would probably devour! Peanut butter and chocolate is my favorite combination! Thanks for posting! :D

have a great day!
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Sweets! PB cookies work for me.

Ginger

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home on April 15, 2009 at 6:52 PM said...

These sound really good!

Tracey on April 16, 2009 at 9:38 AM said...

They sound delicious - I'm a huge fan of chocolate and peanut butter together!

Anna on April 16, 2009 at 4:18 PM said...

Yumm... Peanut butter and chocolate, two of my favorite things.

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin