"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Week's Reflections


I started my goals for this month a little late, but I am happy to say I read Proverbs 1&2 and Psalms 1-3 this week. On Saturdays, I will try to take a little time to reflect on here what I learned from my readings so that maybe it can be an inspiration to others as well.

The main thing that has been important to me has been the financial situation of our family and my occasional discontent in being a stay at home mom. It's funny because God used my reading this week to address these areas in my life. In Proverbs 1 the verse about seeking gain struck me hard. Verse 19: "So are the ways of every one that is greedy of gain; which taketh away the life of the owners thereof."

In reading this, I was greatly convicted of my attitude lately of trying every possible thing I could think of to bring more money in. I've been online and almost been tricked into some stupid things (scams) in desperation to get somewhere. In my constant seeking to get ahead (gain) I'm forgetting that God will provide, that my family and my relationship with God are my first and foremost priority. If I focus on God and my family, remain faithful and a good steward, the rest will fall into place. God has already demonstrated this in His provision for my husband's work... I was just so busy seeking gain I didn't notice it.

My beautiful daughter will only be little for so long. Why would I waste these precious moments of her growing up searching for gain and to simply end up frustrated at my inablity to find a way to make money? My desire for gain began to consume me and steal my life from me: my joy, my peace, my time with my family and it even was hurting my relationship with God. It all led to frustration and depression. No more! I will choose to first seek His kingdom and trust the rest to Him! If something comes my way from God, I will be in a better state to recognize and utilize it. I am so thankful for this understanding, it has saved me from a great deal of frustration already and I hope and pray it helps others out there too!

1 comments:

Mom2fur on February 20, 2009 at 10:04 AM said...

Children are God's best gifts to us, and you've realized that no amount of money will ever replace these precious 'little girl' years. I have a feeling this decision will really lift your spirits! It may not happen overnight, but little by little you'll realize 'stuff' doesn't matter and you won't even miss most of it!

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin