"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Monday, February 9, 2009

Menu Plan Monday


Now that the household is back to some order, I can begin menu planning more faithfully again! I'll have to go find the list of February seasonal produce for you, but for now, here's what we're having this week:

Monday: Ritzy Chicken from Money Saving Mom's cookbook
Tuesday: Taco Bake from Kraft Food and Family book
Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday: Baked Fish Foil Packets with Veggies and maybe homemade bread if I ever get around to it!
Friday: Probably going to go to the Cafe's fundraiser dinner (Spaghetti I think)
Saturday and Sunday: I usually leave these open as anything can happen, but if all else fails, there's frozen beans to eat with rice and cheese!

Breakfasts: Fruit, fresh juice, cereal and milk, hard boiled eggs and oatmeal
Lunches: I have to work harder on planning lunches for me and Lizzy, I'm usually at a loss and eat something unhealthy! If you have any good ideas for easy, cheap lunches (besides rice and beans) let me know! Thanks and happy cooking this week!

1 comments:

Chrysee on February 9, 2009 at 8:14 PM said...

I'm terrible about lunch because I'm generally at class all day and end up eating out.

When I worked at the university library while living with Corey one summer, I packed my lunch every day to save money. I would take half a whole wheat pita (there was a toaster oven there so that was convenient), hummus, yogurt, and a green tea bag. Sometimes I'd take raw veggies like carrots, celery, or snow peas, but not usually. Working out the cost, it was probably less than $0.50 a day, the most expensive part being the yogurt. Another excellent snack is plain yogurt (cheap since you can buy it in big tubs), sweetened with a little honey or dried fruit with some mixed nuts or bulk granola mixed in.

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin