"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Wednesday Wifehood


Lately things have been getting tight for everyone. I don't things are as bad as some of the media is making it sound (the worst economy in history!) but things are definitely more difficult. My Pastor recently pointed out that it's not as bad as it was after the Civil War and other horrible times in this country. Our family is definitely struggling right now as work for my husband has been on the lean side and our savings are taking a beating. I am trusting that God will use this time to prove us, teach us to rely on His provision and learn how to be more creative!

Last night, after we did our bible study together, my husband and I were just sitting and I started thinking out loud about how thankful I was that we had heat and a place to stay and pudding for dessert. Yeah, I got the pudding free and it seems silly, but some people don't even have those luxuries. I think it's a very good practice for us to sit down and think about how blessed we are in small ways despite what our checkbook looks like. The joy I have in watching my daughter play with some of her favorite toys (mostly gifts from relatives and some things from freecycle) blesses me more than anything. I wish I had more to give her but I just have to remember we have so much more than others. It's easy for me to look at my husband and think "he should be working harder to get work" and such but I will choose to pray, trust God and then be thankful for what He does provide, whether it's what I expected or not.

0 comments:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin