"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Friday, December 5, 2008

Frugal Friday


It's been awhile since I've done a frugal friday, but I had such a great trip to Walmart yesterday I thought I'd write about it. Now, usually, I hate trying to do Walmart coupon deals. I always make the register beep, the prices are never as low as I see on the internet and I usually just end up disappointed by the end of the trip. But not yesterday! What I got:

3 Steam and Mash Potatoes=9.48 (3.16 ea)
5 Green Giant Valley Fresh Steam=5.40 (1.08 ea)
Ramen Noodle Chicken Soup=0.38 (pregnant thing)
Macaroni Grill Chicken Linguine Dinner=3.88
Distinctively Dole Salad=3.50
Pomegranate=1.50 (treat for the hubby!)
3 GladeScented Oil Candle Refills=6.00 (2.00 ea)
Papaya Enzymes=4.73 (By th way, very good for digestion and pregnancy related stomache issues, much better than Tums!)
Crest Weekly Clean Toothpaste=3.97
2 First Aid Kits=2.00
Kotex Pantyliners=1.00
Bananas=1.00
Sierra Mist=1.25 (Another pregnant thing)
Grand Total=44.03 Before Tax
After Coupons=19.68 After Tax

This was by far my best Walmart trip. The first aid kits were a 1.00 profit, free salad, free toothpaste, free kotex, the steam fresh were $0.08ea, the glade ended up 3/$2.00, the Steam and Mash were 3/$5.32. The most expensive thing was the papaya enzyme and believe me, they are well worth it. Hope you've all had good shopping experiences this week! Happy Shopping!

3 comments:

Sarah on December 5, 2008 at 12:44 PM said...

I went and had my first walmart coupon shopping experience just yesterday! For six dollars I walked out with 2 boxes of chex, a 4lb. bag of dog food, hair bands, baking soda (2), and wet ones.

Mom2fur on December 5, 2008 at 7:45 PM said...

Better than fifty percent savings...good job!
But, ha, ha--you wrote Ramen Noodle Chicken "Soap." Now, that really WOULD be a pregnant thing, LOL!

Christian Frugal Mama on December 5, 2008 at 11:33 PM said...

LoL. Yeah, my bad. I get some weird cravings at weird times, but not that bad!

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin