"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Ramblings


Yay! Daddy is giving the little one a bath tonight, so I finally have a chance to sit down and write without falling asleep at the keyboard. My mantra lately has been "first trimester is almost over, first trimester is almost over!" I can't wait to be back to some form of normal eating and not falling asleep at 9PM.

I did buy the "God's Beautiful Design For Women" series from Revive Our Hearts and I was listening to it on the way to Mom's group today. She was talking about how she'd been studying the whole book of Titus for a long time lately, meditating on it, studying it, looking up words, dissecting it, memorizing it, and even going to bed thinking about it. She said a lot of her understanding of it has come from this. She encourages that we all do the same, that there are no shortcuts to having God's word in your heart and on your mind. God's word will fill our mouths and will be readily available to us when we need it most only if we KNOW it!

I know as a mom it can be very difficult to find time to really study the bible like that, especially if you aren't a morning person like me. I've tried waking up early, never works. I usually wake up when the baby does. I've found the best time for me is during nap time. The very beginning of nap time, before I get distracted by all the other things I want to accomplish. I've noticed that whenever I put God first during my precious time alone during the day the rest of the day goes smoother, calmer and sometimes Lizzy even sleeps longer! Now, for everyone the exact timing is different, but I also strongly encourage you to find that time to carve out for God. It's so good for you, spiritually. It'll build you up, strengthen you and encourage you. If you have a hard time reading the bible, take it slow. Today, I read a parallel bible and used the Amplified to help me understand the sometimes harder for me King James Version. As moms, it's important for us to be balanced and grounded in God's word because we set the pace of the household throughout the day. How are our children going to grow up well and be stable if we aren't? If we're stressed and upset, won't our children follow suit? Whatever the time it is, find it and devote it to the Lord, for He will bless richly those who sow richly. You will reap what you sow!

0 comments:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin