"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I'm Back... but not for long!


Well, I have finally returned to blogging! I'm sorry about Walgreens and CVS and such. If you haven't found them already, you can go here or here. The Cherry Picker blog has listed some of the Black Friday deals and there's a ton of free stuff... if you're into getting up at the crack of dawn like that.

My husband and I went to Pittsburgh Saturday and came home Sunday. What a wonderful trip! The city was nice (my husband's more into big cities than I am) and our hotel was amazing! I'm going to be an advertisement for a minute (not that I get anything for it)! We stayed at the Omni William Penn hotel in Pittsburgh and it was incredible. We got the French Toast Culinary package. From the moment we arrived, people were greeting us, showing us around, giving us stuff. The guy that checked us in upgraded us to the Governor's Suite (for our first stay and anniversary!) and it was huge! Almost as big as our apartment! Then a bellhop showed us around and told us the history of the hotel and showed us the grand ballroom.

At 4:30PM we went to meet for our package and there were 4 other couples and we were shown around (again! LoL) and then we went to the kitchen where we met the executive chef of the restaurant, who was from France. We ate french cheese, bread, crackers and meat. The other couples got wine, my husband and I have sparkling cider. Then we watched the chef prepare pea soup, gouglare (??), sea scallops, hanging tender, and apple tarts, all of which we were given (except the apple tart) and we thought that was dinner. We were stuffed and it was 7:15PM. Nope. Those were appetizers! The chef was very kind and told us all of what he was doing and why and we took notes. Then at 8PM we went down to dinner. We all sat together and they gave us champagne(cider) and we continued to eat. They paired the dished with a wine (or something non alcoholic in our case) and the food was incredible. A cracker with cheese and meat to "get our palate ready," pea soup in a shot glass (funny!), escartgo (I actually ate it!!), mini salad, salamon and lentils, roast or short ribs, and then chocolate mousse with gold painted chocolate! The food was all incredible. We were given aprons signed by the chef and everyone waited on us and was very kind. Then for breakfast we got a huge gourmet breakfast buffet too. Plus a "wine tote" with 2 bottles of sparkling cider and ice tea and more meat and cheese. Needless to say, I felt the price we paid for the package was more than worth what we got! It was $279, but we have a $100 travel credit from our credit card company. I would recommend this to anyone! Although, they were alittle heavy on the whole alcohol thing. We just stuck to non-alcoholic. Fantastic trip.

So, I will maybe try to post any great deals I see come along, but either tonight or tomorrow we are taking off to Columbus for Thanksgiving. I may not be back to the computer until Friday or Saturday. I hope everyone has a blessed and safe holiday and travels. Just to remind you, I still have the Ratatouille giveaway up until this Friday (or whenever we get home!)

0 comments:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin