"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Friday, October 17, 2008

Stuffed Shells


My Pastor's Birthday was Wednesday and he loves my stuffed shells, so I made him some. He says mine are about the best, he may be exaggerating a bit, but I thought I'd share with you the recipe, even though it's basucally the recipe on the back of the box! LoL.

Stuffed Shells
1 12oz box Jumbo Shells (about 40)
2 lbs Ricotta Cheese (I use the 1lb 14oz package)
2 cups shredded Mozzarella
3/4 cups grated Parmesean (stuff from the can is fine)
3 eggs
1 tablespoon chopped parseley (I usually skip this. This time I added fresh basil instead)
1tsp dried Oregano
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
28oz jar Spaghetti sauce (I usually need closer to two jars-this is important)

Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and seperate. Mix together the rest of the ingredients. In a 9X13'' pan cover the bottom with a thin layer of spaghetti sauce. Fill the shells by gently squeezing the ends to open them up and use a spoon to slide the cheese in there. Lay in the pan in rows until all shells are used up. I usually have extra cheese stuff, guess I'm stingy on the filling! Cover the shells with pasta sauce until covered. My husband says my shells are so good because they aren't dry. This is why I add extra sauce, to keep them from being on the dry side. Easy way to make them good! You may need more than one pan (I usually do!) Cover with foil. If baking immediately, put into a 350F oven for about 35 min. From the refridgerator, bake about 1 hour. Straight from the freezer, bake about 2 hours. These are excellent to make ahead and either refridergate or freeze. Then enjoy with garlic bread and a salad!

1 comments:

Niki Jolene on October 17, 2008 at 9:04 PM said...

Sounds delish!

:)

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin