"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Personal Updates


Wow! It feels like it's been forever since I've been able to really get on and write. There's been a lot going on with family stuff, church stuff and other kinds of stuff! On a happy note, we finally found me a decent vehicle (thought we never would!) and I can now get out and do stuff again!

Our church has been gathering all this week for prayer for the Halloween Fest in downtown Kent. If you've never been to it before, it's hard to really explain what it's like. Kent is a college town, which means lots of drinking. There's probably about 10 bars in a 2 block radius in the downtown area and our church just so happens to be right by them. Every year, the Saturday before Halloween, 10,000-12,000 people come to downtown Kent... some to watch the event, some to minister (like our church) but the rest to get drunk and party. Some of the things that go on are unspeakable, the costumes are usually barely rags hanging off of women's bodies and one year there were shootings. I don't remember the details of the shooting, but in general, this event is total chaos for Kent and every police officer, swat team member and often officers from other cities come to help control the chaos. So please be praying for this event and the members of my church to stand and be a light in the darkness. If you are interested in coming down to the Rock Cafe (where my church will be ministering from) this Saturday the 25th in the evening, just let me know and I'll tell you how to get here. This will be my 5th Kent Halloween Fest and I'm looking forward to seeing people reached and seed spread.

0 comments:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin