"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wifehood Wednesday


Alright!! 2 minutes left of Wednesday. I was actually earlier than last week (25 mins before Thursday instead of 15) but I got sidetracked (facebook) and then my daughter woke up crying (I think she's teething). Ok. Enough excuses. :)

Wifehood. Today was a horrible day for me. I left my coupon binder on top of my car and drove off and didn't discover it was missing until I got to CVS. After tracing my route and not seeing anything I was freaking out. I had a ton of stuff in there, besides coupons. A giftcard, cafe stuff, a saving magazine. Anyway, after praying for God to help me find it or give me peace to accept the loss, I went on about my day. But not in the way I should have. I has really down and frustrated and I didn't make much of an effort to overcome the flesh. I snapped at our daughter and I was angry, because I felt in my heart like God was telling me my binder was at home and when I got there I couldn't find it.

Anyway, a few hours later, a nice lady knocked on my door and returned my binder. She was kind enough to pick it up, search through it, even called a business card in there and finally found my address and drove it to me. I was so thankful and blessed and touched. I wished I could have shown her how thankful I was to her. Praise God for good Samaritans. When my husband got home, I told him all about. The hardest thing I had to deal with was frustration with myself for doing something as dumb as leaving it on the car. I have gotten so forgetful and scatterbrained lately. I multitask too much and it comes back to bite me.

My husband said that I was right, my binder was at home. Or at least I needed to go home to find it. I mistook the answer and got angry and frustrated for no reason. One thing I learned big time is that God totally showed me my heart and some things I need to work on. Praise God that He doesn't leave us where we are!

My husband and I also talked about mistakes. He told me one he made today too. It's so easy to forget that we are all human and make mistakes, but so often we try to be perfect, or at least portray a picture of perfection. We are way too hard on ourselves as well as others. It helped me to hear my husband say that he messed up too. It's ok for us to admit our faults to each other. If we are honest and transparent with each other it can bring us closer together and we can help and encourage one another. Just remember not to use it to tear down.

Most of all, God was reminding me to trust in Him. Wow. Trusting God. Such an easy thing to say, such a hard thing to do. To remember that He will work all things for my good, if I look to Him and trust in Him instead of trying to do things in my own strength. I wasted a lot of strength and frustration today when I should have had peace knowing He was in control. May I learn from it and become wiser for it! And being more organized wouldn't hurt either... pray for me!! ;)

0 comments:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin