"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Christians and Birth Control


VERY Interesting Article here
I know this is a very touchy subject. Ultimately this all comes down to a husband and wife and God. You have to decide what God desires for you as a couple and seek Him on this subject. I am speaking from personal experience here. My husband and I felt God leading us to get married in November, 6 months from when I would graduate with a civil engineering degree. He had strong convictions against birth control, I wasn't so sure. I went along. We were going to try "natural" methods, but after getting married, I realized that this was still "control" and why would I give my life up to God's control, but not whether or not we had a baby. So.... long 9 months made short, Lizzy is here! No, it wasn't want I would have planned for me, but God's in control and I have definitely learned a lot about God, myself and parenting and I'm learning to trust Him more and more.

You can follow more of our discussions on this here

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That article is indeed interesting. I think it is a little over the top in some places and makes some unjustified conclusions in others. For example, I don't believe birth control leads to a rise in abortion.

If I may ask, what are your husbands convictions against birth control?

Christian Frugal Mama on September 26, 2008 at 3:37 PM said...

I was writing an answer but it got too long so I made it into a post here:
http://christianfrugalmama.blogspot.com/2008/09/birth-control.html

I agree that some conclusions may be taken a little far, I just thought the overall theme was interesting. I often feel that our family is weird or something by the way people look at me when this stuff comes up. :) Nice to know me and my husband are not the only ones like this out there.

Anonymous said...

By the way, I do want to point out that I agree with much of what the article says. While I disagree with the belief that people should not use birth control, I do not find it odd that young couples would choose to have children, or would choose to have a lot of children. I think we are each called to serve God as best we can, and if a couple believes they can best serve God by having children, than I am in total support (not that anyone really needs it).

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin