"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Friday, February 4, 2011

Keeping the Home Link Up


I've really fallen off with doing Keeping the Home Link Ups, but I want to start again because it's something I'm passionate about. I really want to encourage Christian women in their calling as Keepers of the Home.

This week I thought I'd mention book I'm reading right now. I've read it before, but I needed to reread it again to be reminded of the importance of being a Keeper at Home. Passionate Housewives Desperate for God is an excellent book. Excellent. I can't recommend it enough.

The authors are stay at home wives, moms, homeschoolers and housewives passionate about serving God and their families. Throughout the whole book they examine Scripture and how God's plan for women as Keeper of the Home isn' degrading, but a high and noble calling that requires all our giftsand talents. These women seek to be last by humbling themselves and serving others and they encourage others to do so as well.

Do you have any thoughts, encouragement, tips or stories about Keeping the Home this week? If so, please share with us by linking up or leaving a comment!

0 comments:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin