"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wednesday Wifehood: Your Own Husband



At last, a Wednesday Wifehood post! LoL. I hope to get back into doing the Created to Be His Helpmeet book starting off where we left off at Chapter 6 next week. As for this week, I found a wonderful little article about loving our own husband over at Heavenly Homemakers.

What a great reminder! It is so easy to feel like we have to copy other happy marriages or follow any little advice we read about how to love our husbands. It's so important to remember that we're to love our own husband who is a unique individual with needs and desires different from anyone else.

In a way, it's kind of a great challenge, as a wife, to be able to read our husband and know him so well that we know what he needs. :) Who doesn't love a good challenge? I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday and spend some time loving your husband in the unique ways he needs it today!

2 comments:

Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews on October 13, 2010 at 7:18 PM said...

Sounds like a great challenge. And that is so true about comparing your relationship to others.

I just found your blog by clicking through another blog! Have a great night.

Amanda @ www.nutritionistreviews.com

Amy Sullivan on October 13, 2010 at 10:32 PM said...

Whenever I start to compare myself to others in marriage, life, or whatever, I always find I come up short, but then I realize others are probably comparing themselves to me and feeling the exact same way. Yuck. I don't like that.

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin