"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Dancing With God


I seriously like Evan Almighty. It's a cute movie, funny and silly, but has it's serious moments too. I wouldn't promote it as a "Christian" movie to be taken seriously doctrinally, but there are a few scenes that really move me.

One such scene is at the end, where "God" tells Evan it's time to do the dance. Evan asks if God would care to join him and then they proceed to dance and God laughs at Evan's silly moves. This brings tears to my eyes every time I watch it.

Before you think I'm crazy, hear me out. How often do we take time to enjoy God? To dance with Him? To remember that He's not against us as Christians, but rather is a loving, kind, good Father that takes delight in His children?

I often feel like God's against me, just waiting for me to mess up so He can punish or chastise me. I have a perfectionist nature which leads to a constant feeling of failure. I feel I never do enough, good enough, fast enough, often enough.
But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; Let those also who love Your name Be joyful in You. Psalm 5:11
Let us rejoice today, dance with gladness and take heart that we have a Father that takes delight in us as His people!

0 comments:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin