"That they (the older women) admonish the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed." Titus 2:4-5

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Created to be His Help Meet: Chapter 2




Last time, I wrote about Chapter One in the book "Created to Be His Help Meet: Discover How God Can Make Your Marriage Glorious" by Debi Pearl which was about changing the way we think about ourselves in relation to our husbands. Many of these topics aren't popular today and will require us to be serious with ourselves and God. If you're ready, let's go!

Chapter 2: A Merry Heart
This week is pretty simple and straightforward. The topic for this chapter comes from the verse Proverbs 17:22 "A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones." The main message is self explanatory. A smile is contagious and infectiously spreads a good mood to all those around you. All people, including your husband, love a smiling woman with joy in her heart. Not only will smiling lift the mood of those around you, but it will be like medicine to your own heart as well.

Some days, a smile and joyful heart will take effort. A lot of effort. But you have to decide to have be joyful and make the effort for your husband. He and your marriage are worth the effort! Some days, you have to fight for your marriage.

I know that I often am tired and weary after a long day of dealing with two little ones and the last thing I want to do is make an effort to smile and be joyful. My husband has told me before that it can be difficult to want to be around me when I'm "in a mood." I know the Lord tells us to be filled with joy, so that is my goal to strive for. I'm not there yet, but I will keep on asking God to fill me, both for my marriage and for me!

Questions to ponder this week:
  • When you and your husband first met, did you laugh a lot together? Do you still?
  • Do you mope around and have a long face?
  • Are you still your husband's sweet smiling lover and admirer?
  • Do you bring a smile to his face when he looks at you or do you cause his joy to dry up?
Ask God to fill you with joy, one of the fruits of the spirit, and to be mindful to show it outwardly, especially to your husband. God gives abundantly to those who ask and believe! Do you have a thought to share on Wifehood? Leave us a comment!

0 comments:

LinkedWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin